Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Knitting and Minimalism

One of my hobbies is knitting and although I am somewhat of a beginner as far as knitting goes, I am trying to finish a sweater for my son. Hopefully it will come out good enough so he will think about wearing it out in public once or twice.

I have been following a blog written by Robyn Devine called Minimalist Knitter. She has a goal of knitting 10,000 items for charity in her lifetime. She just finished knitting 100 hats in one year! I am looking forward to knitting one hat for myself this fall and maybe a few for my family if mine turns out OK. Robyn just finished an interview with Chris Guillebeau of The Art of Non-Conformity which was very interesting. Hats off to Robyn for writing an interesting blog. Wish I could knit as fast as she does.

One of the advantages to retiring early is the ability to do things you never had time to do while you were working. My problem is that I have too many things going at once. I will need to prioritize them and concentrate on the most important and let the others slip for now. Blogging and finishing that sweater need to be my priorities for now.

Live and be active.

No comments:

Post a Comment